«Ма̄йа̄: мучитель или учитель?» (с переводом). Шрила Бхакти Судхир Госвами Махарадж. 10 февраля 2017 года. Гупта Говардхан
⇓ Стерео перевод (обычный): ⇓
⇓ Моно перевод: ⇓
Māyā: Torturer or Teacher?
Q: Fedor Konyukhov, a famous Russian survivalist and traveller, became a priest. His travels strengthened his faith in the Lord. Does Maya, actually, aims at deluding everyone or at taking each person to the Lord in his own way? (Priyanana DD)
- Maya Devi is ashamed to show herself before the Lord on the account of deluding souls.
- Self-deception is the basis of the delusion.
- The department of correction, the department of delusion is one of the departments of the Lord.
- The penal institutions don't operate independently.
- The warden and the head of the jail are doing their service.
- Rehabilitation to become a free citizen.
- Satanicmania: We are tempted to reign in Hell.
- Serve in Heaven vs. Reign in Hell
- “You are not fit for self-rule”
- “Freedom means the right to do wrong” —Gandhi
- Free will implies consciousness.
- A conscious living being has choice.
- The abuse of free will.
- The grossest misuse of freedom.
- “If you had to make a choice between sense-enjoyer and mayavadi, associate with the first.” —Bhaktivinoda Thakur
- Mayavadis can't give up the notion that “I’m God”.
- Jayava-dharma. The example of purifying gold.
- Bunsen burners and touchstones.
- “The sufferings of the jiva in the material world are like the fire.” —Bhaktivinoda Thakur
- Soot of karma.
- No one is volunteering the suffer unless they’re spiritually progressive.
- “Tapasya means voluntarily inconveniencing oneself for the sake of spiritual progress.” —Srila Prabhupada
- Put your energy for something prominently beneficial.
- There are no arguments against the pursuit of happiness.
- We are hardwired to seek anandam.
- “By fire shall hearts be proven / Less virtuous gold grow dim” —The poem on a plaque in San Francisco
- “…materialistic existance is the constant source of perplexity at every step…” —Srila Prabhupada
- “…and never ending series of humiliations…” —Goswami Maharaj
- “How are you sir?” — “Well done!”
- Maya may feel some shame of doing her seva.
- Pastimes of Mahadeva Shiva as Shankaracharya-avatar.
- Moha-mudgara-stotram — the hummer for breaking illusion.
- When are we going to take our spiritual life seriously and progress?
- The test for the wayward souls to bring out their better angles.
- “Now I’m going to express everything in half of a shloka.” —Shankaracharya
- “To whom are you preaching if all this is false?” —Guru Maharaj
- "Does your wife know that she is just your mental projection?"
- Maya tests us and in the process ultimetely frees us.
- Maya purges our unwanted tendencies.
- “The last sweet bullet enters the brain.” —Guru Maharaj
- “Why are you leaving?” — the last chance offer of Maya at the exit.
- Shambu — a personified glance of Maha-Vishnu.
- Shiva is the Master of Maya.
- Nityananda-Balaram — the First Other than Krishna.
- In the mood for service.
- Offering to Krishna from within the heart.
- Negative can attract any sort of assertion.
- Self-assertion, self-establishment means pratishtha.
- Only negative development (humility) may attract Krishna.
- One Lakshmi for one Narayana on Varkuutha. Innumerable Lakshmis for one Krishna on Goloka Vrindavana.
- The story of Bilvamangal Thakur.
- Krishna-Karnamritam — the favourite book of Mahaprabhu.
- The firebed of separation.
- “You'll never be able to remove Your lotus feet from my heart” —Bilvamangal Thakur
- Clouded sky: Nitya-badha vs. Nitya-sidha
- If Maya had a part to play then bringing someone ultimately to the sidha position — is it a bad thing or good thing?
Q: Was Bilvamangal Thakur aware that a boy was Krishna?
- It‘s an illusion to see things other than Krishna.
- At certain point we‘ll come to understanding that we don’t remember the time when we were ever forgetful of Krishna.
- It‘s illusion to see things other than Krishna.
- We have to be hopeful.
- “Don't miss the point of the example because of deep analysis.” —Bhaktivinoda Thakur
- Once one is awakened the dream state is irrelevant.
- “The soul is never actually polluted or contaminated.” —Vedas
- “A part of the Perfect appears to be imperfect.” —Guru Maharaj
- “Mind is our evil guardian” —Bhaktisdhanta Saraswati Thakur
- Mind covered by layers of acquired prejudices and tendencies
- “Natural love for Krishna is converted into lust for matter” —Srila Prabhepada
Q: Does pleasure exist without pain? Or does lore make even pain blissful? (Philip Brett)
- Can you relish food without hunger?
- Hunger is the best spice.
- Negativity as a want, need, hunger, or in other words — loliam.
- “What's His tasting matter?” —Guru Maharaj
- Krishna — the unlimited capacity for enjoyment.
- What is it like to be Her?
- Separation vs. Union.
- “Love in a time of cholera.” —Gabriel García Márquez
- Externally — poisoned, internally — relishing some peculiar sweet nectarine substance.
- The greatest love stories are painful.
- Separation is the true test of love.
- “Even animals understand the joy of union. But what sort of joy can be experienced in separation — that’s another matter.” —Gurudev
- Two zenith points of Mahaprabhu’s pastimes: Ratha-yatra and Bramar-gita.
- Intolerable blinking of the eye.
- “We wish this night would go on forever, that it would never end.”
- “No amount of union will ever satisfy the devotee. They all will always be hankering for more.” —Srila Gurudev
- The search for Sri Krishna.
- “Narayan, have you seen Krishna?” —Gopis
- Rasa-raja — the Ecstasy Personified.
- Khirachora Gopinath.
- Krishna doesn’t take prasadam but Mahaprabhu does.
- “The service according to the intensity of its necessity draws remuneration.” —Guru Maharaj
- The firebed of separation in Mahaprabhu’s gambira.
- Glories of Bramar-gita.
- Uddhava Khyari.
- Non-understandable fragments of divine feelings and emotions of Guru Mharaj.